All Criminology and Criminal Justice (CCJS) courses, with the exception of CCJS 100, CCJS 105, CCJS 225 and CCJS 325, require a student to obtain the permission of the department prior to registration. To receive permission for a CCJS course, students must visit the CCJS stamps website at: www.ccjsstamps.umd.edu. CCJS Advising processes all permission request through the website throughout office hours. Students should receive a response to their request no later than one business day after their permission request was submitted.
Please keep the following information in mind:
- CCJS strictly enforces all course prerequisites
- Students are limited to permission for up to 3 CCJS courses during early registration
- On the first day of classes, students may obtain permission for a fourth (or more) CCJS course
- CCJS 200 is restricted to declared CCJS majors for the fall and spring semesters, until the first day of classes
- Non-majors can use the CCJS stamps website to obtain permission for CCJS courses
- The CCJS Department does not oversubscribe students into CCJS courses; if a class is full, the student must place themselves on the waitlist