The Criminology and Criminal Justice (CCJS) Advising Office is staffed by two full-time academic advisors and a full-time Career Outreach Specialist. They are happy to answer your questions regarding the CCJS major, course requirements, internship opportunities, and more. CCJS Advising is open for drop-in, virtual, and in-person appointments 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
CCJS Advising Office
2201 LeFrak Hall
7251 Preinkert Drive
College Park, Maryland 20742-8235
E-mail: ccjsadvising [at] umd.edu
Telephone: (301) 405-4729
Fax: (301) 314-9355
- Email - The best way to reach CCJS Advising is through email at ccjsadvising [at] umd.edu. If you prefer to email a specific advisor directly, see the links below for direct contact information
- Phone - You can call the CCJS Advising office front desk at (301) 405-4729 to be directed to an available advisor. If the advisors do not answer the phone during office hours, they may be working with another student or in a meeting, so please leave a voice message and they will return your call
- Scheduled Appointments - To schedule a virtual, phone, or in-person appointment, log into TerpEngage using your Directory ID and password. Be sure to select your appointment location. In-person appointments will take place in 2201 LeFrak Hall. Students who select a virtual appointment will receive a Zoom link to use at the time of their appointment. Appointment and appointment methods can be changed or cancelled through TerpEngage or students can call/email CCJS Advising
- Drop-Ins - If you have quick questions about your class schedule, course registration, course permissions, etc. you can meet with an advisor in 2201 LeFrak Hall without an appointment during the specified days and times listed below for drop-in hours. Drop-ins are reserved for brief 10-15 minute meetings. For more extensive questions, please schedule a 30 minute appointment
Drop-in advising will be available 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
- CCJS Advising will be closed intermittently for meetings, therefore, we encourage students to call ahead or schedule an appointment
- Students who are not declared CCJS majors can schedule an appointment by calling (301) 405-4729 or emailing ccjsadvising [at] umd.edu
- CCJS majors can make appointments via TerpEngage
- Scheduled appointments are available 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
- Phone lines are open 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
NOTE: All students who want to declare CCJS as their major, should not schedule an appointment, but email ccjsadvising [at] umd.edu.
The CCJS Advising Staff:
Career Outreach Specialist
CCJS Advising strongly recommends that students meet with advisors once a semester to discuss their progress in the major and selection of classes. Students need to contact advising to get electronic stamps for CCJS courses that require prerequisites.