- Putting Terrorism in Context: Lessons from the Global Terrorism Database By Gary LaFree, Laura Dugan, and Erin Miller, Routledge – 2015 – 262 pages
- Standards of Evidence for Efficacy, Effectiveness, and Scale up Research in Prevention Science: Next Generation. Prevention Science, 4/7/15 Gottfredson, D. C., Cook, T. D., Gardner, F. E.M., Gorman-Smith, D., Howe, G.W., Sandler, I. N., and Zafft, K. M. (2015). (DOI: 10.1007/s11121-015-0555-x)
- Wermink, H., Johnson, B. D., Nieuwbeerta, P., & de Keijser, J. W. (2015). Expanding the scope of sentencing research: Determinants of juvenile and adult punishment in the Netherlands. European Journal of Criminology, 1477370815597253.
- Long-term outcomes of young adults exposed to maltreatment: The role of educational experiences in promoting resilience to crime and violence in young adulthood. Carolyn A. Smith, Aely Park, Timothy O. Ireland, Laura Elwyn, & Terence P. Thornberry. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 28:121-156, 2013.
- Paving a path to informed sentencing decisions. Soulé, D.A., and Najaka, S.S. Federal Sentencing Reporter 25(3): 181-184. 2013.
- "A Situation Model for Distinguishing Terrorist and Non-Terrorist Aerial Hijackings, 1948-2007," Susan Fahey, Gary LaFree, Laura Dugan, and Alex Piquero, Justice Quarterly, forthcoming, 2012.
- "Spatial and Temporal Patterns of Terrorist Attacks by ETA," Gary LaFree, Laura Dugan, Min Xie, and Piyusha Singh, Journal of Quantitative Criminology 28: 7-29, 2012.
- Does maltreatment beget maltreatment? A systematic review of the intergenerational literature. Terence P. Thornberry, Kelly E. Knight, & Peter J. Lovegrove. Trauma, Violence, & Abuse. 13:135-152, 2012.
- Explanations for offending. Terence P. Thornberry, Peggy C. Giordano, Christopher Uggen, Mauri Matsuda, Ann S. Masten, Erik Bulten, & Andrea G. Donker. Pp. 47-85 in Rolf Loeber and David. P. Farrington (eds.) From Juvenile Delinquency to Adult Crime: Criminal Careers, Justice Policy, and Prevention. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Intergenerational continuity in maltreatment. Terence P. Thornberry & Kimberly L. Henry. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. Published online November 29, 2012.
- School disengagement as a predictor of dropout, delinquency, and problem substance use during adolescence and early adulthood. Kimberly L. Henry, Kelly E. Knight, & Terence P. Thornberry. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 41:156-166, 2012.
- Self-Protective Behaviors and Injury in Domestic Violence Situations: Does it Hurt to Fight Back? Forthcoming, Rachael Powers and Sally S. Simpson, Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 2012
- “Terrorist and Non-terrorist Criminal Activities by Radical Environmental and Animal Rights Groups in the United States, 1970-2007,” Jennifer Varriale Carson, Gary LaFree, and Laura Dugan, Terrorism and Political Violence 24: 295-319, 2012
- "Moving Beyond Deterrence: The Effectiveness of Raising the Expected Utility of Abstaining from Terrorism in Israel," Laura Dugan and Erica Chenoweth, American Sociological Review 77: 597-624, August 2012
- “Gender and Injury Risk in Incidents of Assaultive Violence,” Robert Apel, Laura Dugan, and Rachael Powers, Justice Quarterly, 30: 561-593, 2012.
- "The Series Hazard Model: An Alternative to Time Series for Event Data," Laura Dugan, Journal of Quantitative Criminology 27: 379-402, 2011
- Explaining systematic bias in self-reported measures: Factors that affect the under- and over-reporting of self-reported arrests. Marvin D. Krohn, Alan J. Lizotte, Matthew D. Phillips, Terence P. Thornberry, & Kristin A. Bell. Justice Quarterly. Published online: August 11, 2011.
- Influence or Convenience? Disentangling Peer Influence and Co-offending for Chronic offenders Jean Marie McGloin and Wendy Povitsky Stickle Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency Vol 48 No 3 p419 2011
- Intergenerational continuities and discontinuities in intimate partner violence: A two generational prospective study. Carolyn A. Smith, Timothy O. Ireland, Aely Park, Laura Elwyn, & Terence P. Thornberry. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 26:3720-3752, 2011.
- Making Sense of White Collar Crime: Theory and Research, Sally S. Simpson, The Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law 8: 481-502, 2011.
- Police Officers in Schools: Effects on School Crime and the Processing of Offending Behaviors. Na, C. and Gottfredson, D. C. (2011). Justice Quarterly. (DOI:10.1080/ 07418825.2011.615754).